sabato 29 marzo 2014

Divergent

I’ve been wanting to talk about movies and music on my blog for quite some time now. Even if I should be studying 24/7 (which by the way is just exhausting, I’m tired of having to study subjects I don’t really care about), I’ve decided to (try to) post more. Not only fashion-related, inspiration, outfit posts but also about movies, episodes or music, other passions of mine.

MOVIE: DIVERGENT


Rate: 10/10

Ever since I read the book (one of my favorites, I must say) and found out they would turn it into a movie, I couldn't wait. I admit I was initially disappointed that Shailene Woodley would be playing Tris since she didn't give me the best impression in "The Secret Life of an American Teenager" but she smashed it in Divergent. 





The movie is based on Veronica Roth's book of the same title, the first of the trilogy: Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant. Set in a post-apocalyptic version of Chicago, everyone is divided into five factions : Abnegation, for the selfless; Amity, for the peaceful; Candor, for the honest; Dauntless, for the brave; and Erudite, for the Intelligent. At the age of 16, after an aptitude test, they must choose a faction. Usually the aptitude test tells which faction suits the person best but in Beatrice Prior's case, she is Abnegation, Erudite and Dauntless. She's a DIVERGENT, rare case seen as a threat to who govern the system, mostly all killed. Caleb Prior, Beatrice's brother, chooses Erudite while Beatrice Prior joins Dauntless. 
Their Dauntless instructor Four, aka Tobias, tells them they have to pass an initiation while the rest will remain factionless. She worries to pass this initiation but in the meantime something bigger is going on. 
Jeanine Matthews, antagonist and leader of the Erudite, wants to eliminate a whole faction: the Abnegation, thanks to a "tracking" serum injected to the Dauntless members, who actually become sleep-walking soldiers. The serum doesn't work on Tris or Four, both divergents. Together they manage to end the Erudite simulation and with Caleb, Marcus and Peter they jump on a train to go to the Abnegation members left.






Beatrice "Tris" Prior - Shailene Woodley
Tobias "Four" Eaton - Theo James 
Jeanette Matthews - Kate Winslet
Caleb Prior - Ansel Elgort
Christina - Zoë Kravitz
Tori - Maggie Q

A curious thing to find out is that Shailene Woodley also stars in another favorite book-turned-into-a-movie of mine, The Fault In Our Stars, by John Green. 
But it's even more curious and quite a coincidence to find out the brother of Tris, Caleb Prior, played by Ansel Elgort is the same actor that plays Augustus Waters, the boy that falls in love with Hazel Grace.


Theo James is 29 years old, born in Oxford on December 16, 1984 and has a degree in philosophy. Damn, doesn't he look a lot like Paul Walker? He's definitely my new crush at the moment. 


Ansel Elgort is 20 years old born (March 14 1994) and raise in New York City, with Russian Jewish, English, German and Norwegian descendence. First film he did was "Carrie", supernatural horror adaptation of Stephen King's novel.

__________________________________________________________________

MUSIC

Currently listening to:


They are mostly house, electronic dance songs!

Coreena x

36 commenti:

  1. Great outfit dear!!!
    [request Notice: You known be happy.My beauty supplies blogs given a poorfound school's name and this site's money give that school.
    So Every dear User to my request please when viste my site then just only click any Ads.This Money Sent that school,Please Share With Me
    Thank's
    http://beauty2beautytips.blogspot.com/

    RispondiElimina
  2. haven't seen the movie yet. thanks for sharing the post
    xoxo
    dailyfashiondream.blogspot.com

    RispondiElimina
  3. Non l'ho ancora visto, bella recensione però!

    Shoes 2014 must have on lowbudget-lowcost Fashion Blog

    RispondiElimina
  4. I will go !
    http://www.1000manerasdevestir.blogspot.com.es/

    RispondiElimina
  5. I really want to see this movie!
    nice blog, I am your new follower ;)

    check out my blog and let me know what you think on my latest outfit post <3

    genesisfashioncloset.blogspot.com

    RispondiElimina
  6. Nice review. I will definitely go for this movie :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I would love to follow each other. I am following you on GFC. Its your turn now :)

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    RispondiElimina
  7. Read the first book and looking to read the other two! Eventhough i planned on reading the whole series, i end up watching the movie lol! And i just fell inlove with the movie like i did in the book, i love Shailene there and im looking forward to TFioS because its just my favourite book as of now hehe. And yeah, its kind of disturbing that Ansel will be playing Gus but the trailers is great though :)

    www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    RispondiElimina
  8. Looking forward to watching this movie, Theo is so good-looking, still not a fan of Shailene. GFC is still not working :( May your week be filled with calm & creativity.

    RispondiElimina
  9. Wow, Great Post and Blog!!
    you have a new follower!

    RUBYREDIRIS.BLOGSPOT.COM

    RispondiElimina
  10. Great! I need to see this! I dont like Shailene too much, but this movie is definitely worth watching ;)
    kisses

    www.magdalennes.blogspot.com

    RispondiElimina
  11. Super article on Divergent If some one like indian actress then they can join me on http://guruofmovie.blogspot.in/

    RispondiElimina
  12. Seems interesting! Thanks for sharing
    Thank you for your lovely comment! Of course we can follow each other! I'd be so glad to keep in contact like you said :) and what about other social media? That way I won't miss a thing! I'll leave mine in the links below <3 


    Facebook / Instagram /Twitter / Chicisimo / Bloglovin

    Hannah's Heels

    RispondiElimina
  13. Great blog!!!!
    Yes, of course I want us to follow each other!
    Follow me and leave me a comment to notify me and I'll follow back ASAP!!!
    And thanks for the comment on my blog!!

    http://the-haute-strawberry.blogspot.gr/

    RispondiElimina
  14. It sounds great! I would like to see that movie! ^^
    Yes, of course I want us to follow each other!
    Greetings!
    MY BLOG

    RispondiElimina
  15. It looks a good film! I´ll take a look :)
    I follow you right now via google friend, visit my blog and follow back if you like it? :) www.kelataconea.com
    Kisses from Spain, Kela

    RispondiElimina
  16. grazie della visita e del commento! ti seguo volentieri!

    RispondiElimina
  17. It sounds nice :)

    http://ladyparisienne.blogspot.fr/

    RispondiElimina
  18. Hi dear!! I really enjoy your blog, its SO COOL!!
    Your style is so perfect :)
    Come to see my new post: THE SPACE BETWEEN
    http://www.peaceinmyshoes.com

    RispondiElimina
  19. cant wait to watch this movie.. sad thing is, we dont have cinemas here in our city! grrrr but nwei, just lemme know if you did follow me dear, so I can follow you back too! much love..♥♥♥

    http://sartorialwackoe.blogspot.com/

    RispondiElimina
  20. Awesome, can't wait to watch this movie. I love this kind of movies!
    You have a very nice blog!

    Greetings from Romania!
    Andera | www.universulanderei.ro

    RispondiElimina
  21. omg i already watched this movie, it already came out in cinemas where i live and holly god it was amazing! no other words! btws fell in love with your bog just stumbled across, new follower x :)

    mind checking mine out, morning routine is up x
    Lilya xoxo
    lilyacm.blogspot.com

    RispondiElimina
  22. Great post dear!

    New post! http://hiddenndreamms.blogspot.com

    RispondiElimina
  23. oooohhhh now i want to watch it. the action shots are awesome.

    xoxo hobovogue ღ

    RispondiElimina
  24. Such a great movie
    Wanna follow each other on bloglovin & gfc
    Let me know
    glamourzone

    RispondiElimina
  25. Amazing Movie! <3

    http://www.naturellebeautywall.blogspot.mx/

    Att. Alexa Bernal

    RispondiElimina
  26. Cool pics, you're so beautiful!
    I'd be happy to see you on my blog :)
    Good luck!

    I'm a new follower ;*
    Follow me if you like me blog.
    Beata
    http://for-every-season.blogspot.com/

    RispondiElimina
  27. Wow! Brilliant blog, great posts and beautiful proprietress! What to want more ...
    I follow you (bloglovin + GFC) and welcome to visit my blog about fashion. If you like it please follow me back :-*

    P.S.
    I show 125 DIY Easter Ideas - maybe you will find there something for yourself? :-)



    Regards,
    Katherine Unique


    RispondiElimina
  28. I stll dont read the book, I want to do!!
    http://www.jenyapio.com/

    RispondiElimina
  29. Great Post & lovely Blog:-)
    I follow you now on GFC & Bloglovin.
    Hope you follow back♥
    http://inaalovephotographie.blogspot.de/

    RispondiElimina

 

Drowned in fashion dreams Copyright © 2012